Friday, February 7, 2014

Teacher Conference Survival Basket


 Today I wanted to share a quick and simple treat I put together.  It is Parent/Teacher conference time at our school and that means we go to school for half a day and have a free day on Friday.  Although the students are out of school, the teachers have conferences all day until 8:00 p.m.  I started thinking of how much time the teachers would be up at the school and I wanted to give them a little something to help them get through the couple of days.  If you are fortunate like me, I LOVE my sons teachers and any time I can go above and beyond to let them know how much I appreciate all they do for him, I am happy to do so.  Let me show you what I came up with.


I started with an empty basket and filler I purchased at Michaels....



I then went to our local market and purchased pre-made sandwiches, soup, pasta salad, muffins, cookies and fruit....



Placed all the food in the basket....


Topped it off with napkins, utensils and crackers....


Tied some raffia to it...


and off they went....


There was enough food in these baskets to last them a couple of days while at the school.  If anything, they didn't have to worry about packing their lunch and snacks for their busy days.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Linking to:
Weekend Bloggy Reading


4 comments:

  1. As a retired teacher, I can tell you how much those baskets were appreciated. I always enjoyed meeting parents, but they were long days and nights. This was very thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I'm a teacher myself. I may have to make some of these for my co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so lovely! So nice of you to do that for your son's teachers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I just saw the pictures of your craft room in the 'About' section, and that room looks so amazing!! That's exactly what my dream - craft room would look like! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...